At the Vilnius International Film Festival, we believe in open communication and easy accessibility. That's why we have set up an information center to answer any questions you may have about the festival. Our team is always happy to help and provide you with all the necessary information. You can also reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
So don't hesitate to get in touch with us - we are here to make your festival experience the best it can be.
Geologų g., 02190 Vilnius
RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR 2023 SUBMISSIONS
In order to participate in the 2023 Vilnius Alternative International Film Festival, it is necessary to comply with the following Rules and Guidelines for film submissions. Submission of a film implies unconditional acceptance of the Rules & Guidelines, therefore, please carefully read through the Rules prior to submitting your film. If you have any questions, please contact the Vilnius Alternative International Film Festival at email@example.com.
- The Vilnius International Film Festival accepts submissions for films in the following categories: Features Films (Narrative, Animated, Documentary, Experimental, Student, and International) and Shorts Films (under 40 minutes) (Narrative, Animated, Documentary, Experimental, Student, and International).
- The Entrant/s submitting the film must hold all legal rights for the submission, as well as all necessary clearances for public exhibition.
- The Filmmaker/s retains all submission and intellectual property rights.
- To be eligible, your film must not have played in Vilnius, Lithuania. Please contact the VAIFF Information center with any questions.
- Films must be submitted electronically via FilmFreeway.
- The Filmmaker/s is/are responsible for ensuring that all submission materials are submitted by the submission deadline indicated. If your film does not arrive or is not uploaded by the deadline for which you have registered, you may be required to pay the higher submission fee or be withdrawn.
- Each submission must be accompanied by the appropriate fee, which is non-refundable and in U.S. Dollars per submission.
- Submissions are not considered complete until all fees are paid.
- Subtitles must be in English.
- Please keep screener links and passwords up-to-date and notify the VAIFF Information center promptly with any changes. Please test your media prior to submission to make sure they run properly and are not damaged.
- Filmmakers are allowed to submit more than one film for the Festival provided that each film is submitted separately and meets VAIFF guidelines.
- Filmmakers are allowed to re-submit a film that was previously submitted provided significant changes were made and all eligibility requirements are met. When re-submitting the film, include a brief letter detailing the changes made.
- A student submitting a film must provide a photocopy of a current and valid student ID or a letter from his/her school verifying enrollment.
- If you would like your materials returned after the festival, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Entrants may contact the VAIFF to find out if the Festival received the submission by information center. Filmmakers submitting through FilmFreeway can check their status through the website.
- The Filmmaker is responsible for all inbound shipping costs, domestic or international.
- All personal contact information is to remain confidential and not to be shared with any third parties.
- VAIFF reserves the right to use images from films selected in the Festival for marketing purposes.
- All decisions regarding award winners are considered final and incontestable.
- All films submitted must have been completed between September 2020 and the current date.
- Applicants acknowledge that VAIFF reserves the right to change the nature of screenings and events due to circumstances related to public health and welfare or at the direction of local, state, or federal authorities. In such cases, no submission refunds shall be issued